The Bookish Month of Love is fast approaching and everyone is prepping their TBRs and Possibility Piles! So today I wanted to recommend some of my favourite romances! February 1 is only 10 days away and I’m honestly so ready to start my first romance book. But I do have a few books left to finish in January. So I will have to be patient.
Contemporary Romance Authors I love:
- Talia Hibbert – great characters and lots of steam
- Lyssa Kay Adams – Romance from the guys perspective and it’s swoon worthy
- Casey McQuistan – Great LGBQTIAP+ rep
- Jasmine Guillory – fun plots with lots of food
- KA Tucker – Simple Wild series set in Alaska is awesome
- Ava Hunter – Nashville Star series cowboy romance
- Christina Lauren – Great plots – my fave is The Unhoneymooners
- Helen Hoang – great disability rep
- Kacen Callender – Felix Ever After great YA trans romance
- Ryan Jones – More Than Us is a great romance tragedy
- Paullina Simmons – The Bronze Horseman is one of my OG romance faves
- Rosie Danan – The Roommate features an inside look at the adult film industry and some people that are trying to change how women are treated there.
- The Love Hypothesis – Ali Hazelwood, I read this recently but it was so good. Features friends to lovers, a Canadian main character and women in STEM.
Fantasy Romance Authors I love:
- Sarah J Maas – the books aren’t short but they sure are sexy
- Danielle Jensen – Bridge Kingdom, loved it
- Jennifer L. Armentrout – a little darker fantasy romance
- Scarlett St. Clair – mythical and sexy
- Madeline Miller – The Song of Achilles is so good.
Other Romance Book on my radar:
- Priory of the Orange Tree – Samantha Shannon
- She Who Became the Sun – Shelley Parker-Chan
- Tessa Bailey – all books
- Evie Dunmore – all books
- Emily Henry – All Books
- Alyssa Cole – Reluctant Royals series
- The Charm Offensive – Alison Cochrun
- Sally Thorne – all books
- Josie Silver – all books
- Hana Khan Carries On – Uzma Jalaluddin
- The Dating Dare – Jayci Lee
- Satisfaction Guaranteed – Karelia Stetz-Waters
There are so many options out there for romance books. If you like it steamy, look for books described as open door. Closed door romances basically imply that sexy things are happening but don’t describe anything. While open door romances give you all the details.